Lightcast is a leader in global labour market analytics. Our Global Business Unit works with universities, government agencies, businesses and other organisations to bring our world class labour market data to their challenges in Britain, Europe and the Asia-Pacific regions.
As Research Analyst, you will be part of the Global Research team, which uses data to produce innovative research, consulting reports, datasets, models and visualisations to answer our clients’ most pressing research questions. You will be responsible for designing and delivering insights for our customers and contributing to innovations in our growing range of labour market analytics.
You will be passionate about finding answers to questions about the changing economy, the future of education and the future of work, and have advanced quantitative skills. Working with customers and colleagues you will excel at understanding problems, designing solutions and producing compelling presentations and reports. You will be comfortable working independently on big data projects across markets and sectors. Recent examples of the work we do include conducting research on future trends for the engineering workforce, the impact of the green transition on labour market demand and analysis on how universities and colleges can better align their education provision to current and future labour market needs.
The role reports to the Head of Global Research. The team works predominantly remotely and the role can be either based in the United Kingdom – where we have an office in Basingstoke – or in Italy – where our office is in Milan. Occasional office presence is required (at least one day per month). Beyond that it is up to the candidate to decide where they prefer to work.
- Design and conduct quantitative labour market analysis using Lightcast data and other data sources for external clients, turning analysis into compelling stories, told through reports and presentations.
- Design and deliver internal research projects to develop data and apply it to new problems as well as for marketing purposes – working closely with colleagues to illustrate the art of the possible with our data.
- Problem-solve with colleagues ways to improve and add value to the work we do and better serve our customers by making the complex simple.
- Develop knowledge of issues related to the future of work and skills for key stakeholders across countries outside of North America
- Contributing to a positive team culture by working collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues across the business unit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with big data.
- Proficiency with SQL, Python or related analytical tools and programming languages.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to look at the numbers, trends and data to derive conclusions based on findings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work with clients, understand their needs and explain complex economic or analytical concepts in simple terms.
- Strong quality assurance skills with attention to detail in both quantitative analyses and technical writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite, with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, meeting milestones and deadlines while juggling multiple responsibilities on projects across different geographies and sectors.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of any other language beyond English would be an advantage.
Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in a field with a strong quantitative and analytic focus, or at least 2 years of relevant experience in a consulting, think-tank or strategy and policy role.
- Experience making and communicating data-driven decisions, preferably in a role related to consulting, economic analysis or labour market intelligence.
Lightcast is a global leader in labor market insights with headquarters in Moscow (ID) and Boston (MA) and offices in the United Kingdom, Europe, and India. We work with partners across six continents to help drive economic prosperity and mobility by providing the insights needed to build and develop our people, our institutions and companies, and our communities.
Lightcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Lightcast has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We seek dynamic professionals from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Per candidarti a questo lavoro visita it.jooble.org.