LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to have a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We are much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Creating economic opportunities for every member of the global workforce is a responsibility we all share. To truly transform the global economy, we must evolve in the way we hire and enable our talent to serve people of all backgrounds and experiences. LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to focus on Systems & Infrastructure software engineering for the Data Integration team (a part of our Big Data Engineering domain).
Some of the key initiatives for this team includes:
• Creating a unified connector library framework for seamless exchanges with third parties.
• Simplify data integration by building efficient discovery services, CLIs, and portals to achieve higher engineering productivity and velocity.
• Build infrastructure through leverageable libraries, plugins, and extensions in order to streamline and standardize data ingestion and regression.
This position will be based in our Sunnyvale, CA office.
• Design and implement large-scale distributed systems
• Build frameworks that validate functionality and performance of large scale offline systems
• Optimize the performance of these systems by profiling and identifying bottlenecks
• Build systems that are secure and compliant
• Improve observability and understandability of the various systems
• Work with different teams within the Big Data Platform group to leverage their work and vice versa
• Work closely with the open-source community to participate and influence cutting edge open-source projects (e.g. Apache Iceberg, Apache Gobblin, Apache Spark)
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent technical experience
• 2+ years of relevant industry experience
• Hands-on experience with distributed systems/backend API’s.
• 4+ years of experience in software engineering, including work with distributed systems.
• At least one year of professional experience working with Java.
• Prior work with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto)
• Experience in data management, relational databases, and/or large-data environments
• Proficient with systems design
• Experience mentoring junior engineers.
You will Benefit from our Culture:
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families. That is why we offer generous health and wellness programs and time away for employees of all levels
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here: https://lnkd.in/equalemploymentopportunity2017. Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.
LinkedIn is committed to offering an inclusive and accessible experience for all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. Our goal is to foster an inclusive and accessible workplace where everyone has the opportunity to be successful.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at email@example.com and describe the specific accommodation requested for a disability-related limitation.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
-Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
-Having interviews in an accessible location
-Being accompanied by a service dog
-Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview
A request for an accommodation will be responded to within three business days. However, non-disability related requests, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response. (linkedin-it)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.