DNV GL Business Assurance Sweden AB
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV Energy division is seeking a Team Leader of Project Engineering and Due Diligence to join our Project Engineering and Due Diligence (PE&DD) team in the Italy and East Mediterranean (Italy & EM) region, which is part of DNV’s Renewables service line in SEMELA (Southern Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America), and contains around 170 scientists, engineers, and environmental professionals. The dynamic working environment will require employees who are easily adaptable and have the experience and technical skillset to provide services across a wide range of active contracts, including those in the development, permitting, construction, and operational phases of project lifecycles. The wind industry in the region is a rapidly developing and evolving market, and DNV is looking for an enthusiastic individual who can self-organize, is willing to be creative and take on new challenges to support and build DNV’s wind business.
The Team Leader of Project Engineering and Due Diligence will be responsible for managing the Italy & EM team and lead the growth of the unit and the development of project engineering and due diligence services for the wind industry that contribute to lowering the costs and creating efficiencies for wind development in the region. Through our teams of subject matter experts, engineers, and top-notch Project Managers, we provide expert project support and technical advisory to our customers in the Wind Markets in the Italy & EM region. This position will also engage with other wind teams to support both at the project and at the market level in the SEMELA region.
The Team Leader of Project Engineering and Due Diligence is expected to work as manager of a team of engineers to ensure the adequate engagement and development of the people and to set up the right implementation of the strategies defined for unit in terms of services, customer focus, knowledge sharing, digitalization and team growth/development. Also, the selected candidate shall work as Project Manager, Project Director, Project Sponsor or Quality Assurance for large wind assignments in the region and to handle complex stakeholder management. He/she will also manage large bids on behalf of DNV, supporting DNV on winning new external work. Networking with senior professionals outside DNV is also expected.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and enthusiastic about renewables and will be able to contribute to the team from an early stage. Typically, team members work in multiple projects over the course of the year.
This position is based out in Bologna and to report to Wind SEMELA Lead based in Spain, while collaborating structurally with other teams, such as solar, storage and green hydrogen in the Italy & EM region, but also in SEMELA.
Tasks may include
- Team Leader:
- Lead a team of engineers to ensure the adequate engagement and development of the people
- Hire/recruiting of new staff for the team when required
- Implementation of strategies defined for unit in terms of services, customer focus, digitalization, and team growth/development.
- Monitoring and control of main KPIs and report periodically to top management.
- Ensure good data & knowledge sharing among team members and other units.
- Identification of potential new services to be delivered and of efficiencies in the way of working.
- Interaction and coordination with supporting units within the company: Market/Sales, Human Resources, Admin/Finance, IT
- Project Manager, Project Director, Project Sponsor or Quality Assurance for large-scale (GWs) wind projects or multi-technology renewables projects, and providing task-level support for larger projects, in the following areas:
- Performance of Technical Due Diligence for Lenders and for M&A transactions
- Leading and supporting Customers with RFP and Bid submittal preparation for bidding and procurement processes, IPP procurement exercises, including feasibility studies
- Feasibility and project qualification activities, including pre-feasibility and lease auction qualification for new market entrants
- Engaging in stakeholder, public, and agency meetings
- Discussing and resolving technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary.
- Writing technical reports and communicating results internally and to customers
- Bid manager for proposals of services related to technical advisory, owners engineering and due diligence work.
- General commercial support (awareness of market trends, participation in industry conferences)
- Supporting business development for the services listed above, including the opportunity to establish and strengthen relationships with Customers, bringing in and evaluating new contract leads, authoring proposals, and considering where DNV’s services should change to meet the needs of the Customers.
- Integrating all renewables disciplines related to wind, solar, storage, and green hydrogen
- Supporting the whole regional renewables team in delivering quality work to our customers, participating in continuous improvement efforts for the team, including leading tool development, process refinement, and lessons learned activities.
- Engineering degree (M.Sc / B.Sc)
- In depth knowledge and minimum of 7-10 years of previous experience of working in wind energy
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience, with an understanding of technical interfaces
- Knowledge of general energy market and, in particular, about the renewable energy markets in Italy and East Mediterranean.
- Experienced in Renewables IPP procurement processes, including feasibility study, concept report, Request for Qualification and Request for Proposal preparation and evaluation.
- Familiarity with contracts (construction, supply, operations, interconnection, offtake, and/or asset management contracts).
- Excellent English and Italian language skills (both in writing and speaking) required. Other languages an advantage.
- Proficient in the most popular computer programs.
- Understanding of enforceable norms and regulations within the renewable industry
You should have the following personal qualifications and act as a:
- Structured and service –minded approach, always focusing on delivering high quality results.
- Self-motivated, independent thinker with an active interest in Renewable Energy
- Team player with strong communication skills and you work equally well on your own as with colleagues
- Independent, self-starter, energetic, proactive in achieving results, and at the same time person who works well in a team and delivers within agreed timelines
- Project Manager who works in depth with assignments and has a good balance between detail and overview
- Person who has a positive attitude and a good sense of humor
- Willingness to travel up to 10-20% of the time, domestic and international.
- Business and customer oriented.
What we offer
- Working in a dynamic team with a varied and challenging field of duties
- Great potential for knowledge transfer by experienced engineers in a wide range of fields
- Flexible place of work (in the office, from home, and in the facilities of our clients)
- Further attractive additional services
- Wide range of opportunities for individual further education, training, and advancement
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, energy and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Within DNV’s Renewables group, organizational culture, and more specifically how we collectively influence the world for future generations, matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
Per candidarti a questo lavoro visita it.jooble.org.