Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most prestigious hotels and resorts. The Group now operates or has under development over 40 hotels with more than 11,000 rooms in 25 countries in key business and leisure destinations.
Ideally located on the charming Via Andegari, Mandarin Oriental, Milan is a stylish and intimate hotel, featuring 104 guestrooms, including 32 beautifully appointed suites. Set in the heart of the city, only steps away from the world-renowned La Scala opera house, it inhabits four elegant 18th Century buildings in Milan’s most prestigious district. The hotel features a fine-dining restaurant, Seta and a bar-bistro, Mandarin Bar + Bistrot where an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails are offered in chic surroundings. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Milan is the city’s most comprehensive, offering a holistic approach to rejuvenation and relaxation in tranquil, meditative surroundings that feature indoor swimming pool and six private treatment rooms. In addition, the hotel has two versatile function rooms that benefit from natural daylight.
SCOPE AND RANGE
Responsible for the development, implementation, execution, and budget control of the hotel’s annual Marketing, Digital and communications strategy. Oversee all matters relating to the marketing and communications plan including media relations, digital marketing, consumer relationship management, social media, advertising, co-marketing activities with luxury brands, brand identity and collateral production as well as all other marketing activities for the hotel to ensure fully integrated campaigns.
Work closely with the Director of Commerce to ensure the marketing and communications strategy supports the hotels revenue generating efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the creation and management of the brand identity for the Hotel and all its outlets
- Oversee the production of all brand identity materials, collateral and the development of new promotional materials.
- Set in collaboration with the GM, Director of Revenue & Director of Sales the strategic plans: on digital marketing with reference to the investments and timing in order to enhance MOMLN website to maximize the revenue production.
- Act as Brand ambassador internally and externally
- Act as hotel spokesperson where appropriate
- Design and execute PR strategy for the Hotel to ensure positioning as one of the top hotels in the destination in the local, national, and international media, showcasing its main USP’s and highlighting MOHG’s competitive advantages.
- Implement tactical media relations activity in line with hotel’s business needs and objectives.
- Ensure strong working relationship with MOHG’s international PR network and MOHG Corporate Communications Team for maximum reach of initiatives.
- Ensure hotel receives regular exposure in local and international media through print, online, radio & television through proactive and reactive PR actions.
- Manage the Hotels Press Office:
- Maintain strong relationships with local and international media
- Develop and write newsworthy and creative press releases to pitch to appropriate media
- Create bespoke itineraries and host all local and international media visits
- Draft Q&As and fully brief senior management for media activity
- Keep press kit and photographic library updated
- Direct crisis communications in counsel with MOHG Corporate Communications team
- Produce hotel’s monthly Public Relations reports for Group Communications
- Develop, manage and monitor the Hotel’s social media channel strategy
- Ensure adherence to MOHG social media guidelines
- With global digital marketing team to identify and execute paid social media campaigns to engage both global staying guests and local audiences for F&B and SPA.
Customer Relationship Management
- Maintain frequent contact with the hotel’s guests and clients through direct marketing activities.
- Develop and overall annual direct marketing plan
- Establish, maintain and expand the hotel’s database
- Develop strategic brand partnerships with relevant brands in the luxury, lifestyle and arts and cultural world
- Oversee consumer events as required
Photography / Videography
- Plan, organize and oversee all photography and videography sessions for the hotel to ensure the right assets are in place for media, digital and collateral use. These include major collateral photography, food and beverage shots and press release photos
- Organize photography for VIP visits, Social Media, official photography
Digital marketing / E-Commerce
- Ensure up-to-date, brand-appropriate web site copy for the Hotel. Liaise with appropriate corporate and property colleagues to update the hotel site regularly
- Ensure news related information, photography, videography and press releases are updated and featured as appropriate for all audiences
- Oversee web traffic analysis to create and execute a successful digital marketing strategy
- Liaise with global digital marketing team to coordinate PPC, meta search and email marketing campaigns to increase direct digital bookings to the Hotel. Ensure social media activity is coordinated with paid campaigns.
- Provide local expertise about hotel seasonality, forthcoming events, local attractions and competitor activity in order to optimize return on paid search marketing.
- Act as the primary digital and ecommerce contact for the hotel when new website mobile or social media capabilities are implemented. Work with the global digital team to facilitate testing for new digital capabilities through structured testing and feedback tools.
- Leverage on Marketing opportunities with like minded brands and create synergies as such
- To prepare annual expenditure proposal for all marketing and communications activities
- To forecast and allocate the approved budget as per ongoing activities on a monthly basis
- To control all expenditure to be in line with the hotel’s business activities
- At least 5 years of experience in a Marketing environment, preferably withing the Travel & Hospitality industry, Fashion or Luxury Goods
- Fluent in English, French and Italian languages.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant field – communications, public relations, or marketing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Great time management and problem solving skills
- Availability to travel abroad
- Previous on property hotel experience
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.