At Oval we are looking to innovate the traditional finance space with a new completely disintermediated platform for saving and investing. We believe that intermediation is over, with technology disruption, in a number of industries, replacing the middleman. We want to do the same for finance. It is an ambitious task and thus we are looking for people to join the Oval team to help make this happen.
You will be part of a team of serial entrepreneurs with a global market experience in building tech startups and you will have the opportunity to change the financial market, by bringing better education and inclusion. You will be independent and can manage your own schedule but will be working with an international and diverse team of people that together have the mission to change the financial world forever.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers and other developers to build a best-in-class experience for our customers
- Write effective, scalable code.
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance.
- Integrate user-facing elements into the application.
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems for our customers.
- Implement security and data protection solutions.
- Assess and prioritise feature requests with data-informed product development (analytics, A/B testing, etc.).
- Ability to find your way in a non-trivial codebase.
- Understanding of functional programming principles.
- Understanding of test driven development (TDD), and desire to write tests.
- Broad understanding of the concept of minimum viable product and conversion rates.
- Ability to work independently and plan your own solutions to problems.
- Understanding of engineering constraints in a startup environment.
- Passion for technology, product and user experience.
- Knowledge of Python and the Pythonic way of solving problems.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and database design principles.
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM).
- Excellent Italian/English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with Objective-C and knowledge of the iOS frameworks.
- Existing knowledge of Pyramid and Pandas.
- Understanding of machine learning and scikit-learn.
- Open source projects/contributions we could look at.
- Full time salary
- Top class equipment incl. MacBook, screen, keyboard and mouse.
- Your own Oval Money t-shirt and water flask when you join.
- A budget to spend on learning and self improvement through conferences, books and classes.
- Possibility to spend time across Oval offices and to fly to conferences around the world where Oval is participating.
- Annual retreat for the team in an exotic location to dive into the new product features and growth strategy.
- Professional development.
To apply for this job please visit ovalmoney.com.