Ad Platform Engineering runs one of the largest proprietary video advertising platform on the Internet, with thousands of advertisers and billions of ads served per month! Our ad server makes thousands of decisions per second to optimize the value of each impression for both our advertisers and our viewers. The Ad Applications team is where we develop the tools our advertising and other business partners use to configure rules related to advertiser and content partners that decide (among other things) where, how many, and what type of advertising to show our viewers. Our system is composed of a complex network of both internal and external systems including streaming applications, 3rd party sales, order management, and metrics reporting and analyzing systems.
As a Sr. Software Developer within the Ad Applications team, you will:
- Lead design and implementation on projects to improve and extend Hulu’s existing ad serving platform and its supporting systems.
- Identify and drive improvements in engineering practices across Ad Platform teams to ensure industry-leading system quality and team efficiency.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers on the team to produce software that conforms to the highest quality standards.
- Partner with the Product teams to understand their business needs and design outstanding and efficient solutions to complex business problems.
- Work with engineers on teams across the Hulu organization to ensure that advertising works flawlessly across a wide array of devices and applications, and that data and metrics flow efficiently into reporting and financial systems.
- Building features and functionality in support of the Hulu Ad Manager.
- Troubleshooting existing features throughout various micro-services and systems across Ad Applications.
- API endpoint development.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience; at least 3 years with microservices architecture.
- Proficiency in Java programming language.
- Expertise with core Computer Science fundamentals, including Object-Oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Familiarity with large-scale distributed system design.
- Hand-on experience in one or more industry-leading database platforms, both relational and non-relational systems, preferably MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and a team-focused approach towards software development.
- Experience with the Spring Framework.
- Working with a workflow engine. e.g. MuleSoft, Camunda, etc.
- Ability to trace data through varying systems and debug where issues occur.
- Experience working in AWS, GCP or Azure, and with infrastructure as code tools like Terraform
- Experience with Lambda, SQS and rest of AWS Web Services
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.