Translated is widely recognized as one of the most innovative and influential translation companies in the world.
We work with over 250,000 translators in 110 countries, and provide services to more than 130,000 customers.
Our unique approach to language technology blends AI, automation and human creativity to empower the localization processes of leading companies such as Google, Microsoft, and Airbnb.
At Translated we pride ourselves to be innovators, and we strive to create a work environment that rewards creativity, excellence and hard work.
Translated is hosted by Pi Campus — a venture fund and startup accelerator whose workplace is made of six luxury villas immersed in nature, located in the EUR district in Rome.
Pi Campus blends comfort and technology, with facilities that focus on its citizens’ well being and productivity.
- Swimming Pool
- Spinning, TRX, and Pilates classes
- Table Tennis
- Kitchen and snacks
- Bonuses and incentives for those who quit smoking, ride a bicycle to work or adopt a child.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, marketing teams and leadership with insights gained from analyzing company data. You will also work with Translated enterprise customers like Google, Airbnb, Expedia and support keys decisions in shared activities.
We expect the candidate to be good at finding insights from large data sets. The candidate should blend math, statistics with business knowledge and programming skills.
We expect a good understanding of modern data pipeline and analysis, we will support you to understand better Translated business and all the technologies needed for your activity.
You will be gradually introduced to many areas of the company and work directly with key division of the company.
- Identify valuable data sources
- Initial data investigation and exploratory data analysis
- Apply data science techniques, such as machine learning, statistical modeling, and artificial intelligence
- Measure and improve results
- Present final result to stakeholders
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
- Knowledge of Statistics and Linear Algebra
- Experience in data mining
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of basic programming languages like R and Python
- Experience with at least one of the Business Intelligence tools: Tableau, Metabase, Superset, etc
- Experience with at least one of the distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS and data storages like S3, Redis and Redshift.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Knowledge about businesses key metrics and channels like SEO, SEM, Paid, Mobile App, and transactions, revenue, gross margin.
- Experience with data visualization tools and presenting insights to stakeholders
- Experience of at least 3 / 5 years in Data Science and Data Analytics.
- We will perform a first screening based on the information that you send about yourself.
- In case the screening is successful, we will send you instructions to perform a analysis based on a case study. It should require no more than a day, and you will have a full week at disposal to complete it. We could also jump in a call beforehand if you have any questions or want more details from us.
- Once delivered, we will review it and provide feedback to you. If the exercise is successful, you will be asked to join an interview to discuss the exercise itself and talk more in detail about tech.
- Finally, if everything goes well, we will make you an offer and you will be able to join our team
To apply for this job please visit translated.applytojob.com.